Moving out

If you are moving out here are the most frequently asked questions.

How do I terminate my lease?

You need to fill out and sign a notice of termination form. You can either scan and e-mail the form to or send it by post to KAB, Enghavevej 81, 2450 København SV.

How long before I plan to move out should I terminate my lease?

You must give notice 3 months in advance. For example, if you want to move out on April 30th, you need to terminate your lease no later than January 31st.

If you move out before the 3 months are up, you can let us know and we will try to rent you apartment to someone else as quick as possible. It is often possible to find a new tenant within 6-8 weeks.

As soon as a new tenant moves in, you will not have to pay for the remaining time. Of course we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find a new tenant, and you will then have to pay for the remaining rent.

When will I get my deposit back?

We aim to send any money owed to you between 4 and 6 weeks after the final inspection of your apartment. It varies depending on the need of refurbishment, collections of bills etc.

Contact us

If you have further questions call us at 33 63 10 00. Our opening hours are at the bottom of this page.

You can also fill out a contact form and we will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days.