Welcome to KAB
KAB’s website is almost entirely in Danish. To help our English-speaking customers we’ve gathered some frequently asked questions, guides and background materials about KAB and the nonprofit public housing sector in Denmark.
How to get a new home
You might think that getting a new home at KAB seems like a complicated affair. But actually it’s not. Here you can get a general view of the entire process from signing up to moving in.
1. Sign up for Bolignøglen. Enter your personal information and payment of 400 kr. to sign up for the central waiting list. In order to sign up online you need a CPR number. If you don't have a CPR number you can sign up by calling T 33 63 10 00 or visit our reception at Vester Voldgade (opening hours)
2. Waiting list number. Within eight days you’ll receive a personal waiting list number and an activation code for the self service module, Mit KAB.
3. Log in to Mit KAB. To log in you need an activation code, your waiting list number and NemID. See how to create Mit KAB-profile with activation code
4. Mark housing preferences. Now you can change your personal settings and mark specific housing preferences. See how to add or remove housing departments from your waiting list.
5. Housing offer. Depending on your preferences, the waiting time is 1-20 years. Please note that a housing offer is given to several people on the waiting list.
6. Accept/decline housing offer. You always have to respond when you get a housing offer by returning the signed coupon. If you’re not interested, you can also reach us by phone.
7. Contract offered/not offered. Depending on various factors like seniority and flexible criteria, we might be able to offer you a contract.
8. Return signed contract. Sign the contract and return it to us.
9. Pay deposit and rent and keep a receipt of your payment.
10. Moving in. To get the keys for your new home, you need to show the contract and a receipt of your payment to the caretaker of the estate.